Life as a new author …
I was lucky enough to be selected as a recipient of the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. Thank you, Mike, from Eye-Dancers! I’m very humble and happy that you would even consider me.
The rules for The Dragon’s Loyalty Award are as follows:
1) Display the Award Certificate on your website. (Check)
2) Announce your win with a written post and link to whoever presented your award. (Check)
3) Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. (Check. See below)
4) Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have liked them in the post. (As soon as this is posted :))
5) Post 7 interesting things about yourself. (See below)
Here are 7 things about myself that you may or may not find interesting …
1) I have an unnatural fear of birds. I’ll jump at the sign of a sparrow. Scream for dear life at the flock of pigeons in the subway station.
2) I hate ham.
3) Obsessed with Reality Television. You name it, I’ve probably watched it.
4) I’m a nerd at heart … and proud of it.
5) I watch Korean Dramas. To be honest, it’s been a while since I watched one but I do enjoy them. 🙂
6) I hate shopping. When I go to the mall, I treat it like a mission. In and out as quick as possible with the fewest of causalities.
7) The first time I had a grilled cheese sandwich was in university. My friend made me one after she recovered from shock. Yes, I’m sheltered.
Now, it’s my time to nominate 15 deserving bloggers for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award!
I completed the task! *Gives pat on the back.* As these are great websites, if any of you are reading right now, I’ll apologise in advance if you’ve already received a nomination from someone else, lol. I chose you because you are inspirational, insightful, interesting, informative … I simply enjoy reading your posts whenever I can 🙂
Among other things …
So I just finished my giveaway for Dahlia. There were 1,263 people that entered with two winners. Yay!
I do have a question for readers and authors before I send the books out in the mail. Do people actually like when an author writes inside of a book? Or should I send a little note on a separate piece of paper congratulating them on their win? I did the latter with my last giveaway. I know that some people like when a book is completely untouched as opposed to marring it with my hideous looking signature. Then again, others like the personalization.
Although the giveaway for Dahlia is over, I am still doing one for Rowan with only two days left. And remember, Rowan comes out NEXT WEEK, April 26th! That’s exactly seven days. I’m so excited about that 🙂 I had posted a pic of the paperbacks of Dahlia and Rowan on my Facebook and Twitter pages so might as well do it here as well:
If you haven’t read the excerpt of Rowan, it’s right here on my blog.
Kind of a short one but that’s all for now,